Thursday, April 12, 2007

The Fight



When I picked up Slade from preschool last week his teacher came walking out right after him, heading straight for my car door. I thought - "Oh great, what happened?" Then Slade got closer to the car and I saw scratches all over his face that were still bleeding. His teacher told me that she believed that Slade got pushed off his chair by this other little boy who was upset and wanting his seat. He told me that he just had to defend himself.... The funny thing was that Slade was by no means upset about this fight that happened exactly two minutes before I picked him up. He simply said, "Tyler started it and I finished it." After a good long talk about not fighting and telling the teacher if there is a problem - he promised that that would be his last fight EVER in school. What do you think my chances are of that being true with three boys?



Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

stephanie said...

oh guy, i love that he "finished it". what a man.

Mrs. Dub said...

but you forgot to share my personal favorite story ... when he offers to twist the arm of the guy who twisted blue's arm. not only is he protecting himself and his turf/seat, he's willing to protect others. what a modern macho man!

Lindsey from The R House said...

ditto, steph. he is the ultimate tough guy!

i am sure that his teacher was nervous to tell you about it. i would have been.

he looks DARLING even with those scratches. ouch!

Kate said...

I have three boys-- I feel your pain/joy!

Josie said...

i'm sure your husband couldn't have been more proud. i know mine would've been. funny that even with all of those scratches, he still looks so cute. you make good ones, hilari.