Friday, November 30, 2007

Make It Work!

Caution: you might become very, very jealous.

I met Tim Gunn last night! He was doing a book signing and promotional work for Liz Claiborne at Scottsdale Fashion square last night and three out of four of my sisters and I got the pleasure of meeting the Mr. Fab. Let me just assure everyone that he was just as lovely and wonderfully nice as he is on Project Runway and Guide to Style. He pretty much loved us too.


Here he is doing his signature pose with me.


Giving Kelli some love.


Pretending to be the Father of Chelsea's unborn baby. Notice the interlocked fingers.


Devan requested the "prom " pose and he said he didn't know how because he never went to a prom.

We love you Tim!
Behind us in line was this Project Runway Blogger!
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Kelley Bochman Smith said...

I AM SOOOOO JEALOUS!!!!!! and I am also very proud of you girls, for seeing an opportunity and taking it! I love you guys!!!

Anonymous said...

I cant express the sorrow I feel .

My only solace is knowing that my four fair sisters were able to bask in the glow of my fave Gay ( next to Pee Wee Herman, sorry, I mean Paul Ruebens) and enjoy the splendor of a nightfilled with sisterly bonding and wood fired pizza. Farewell dreams of happiness as Mr. Gunns new Bestie, Hello to the bleak despair that shrouds my soul...Oh well.. Besides I hadnt a thing to wear.....

Leslie said...

NO WAY!!!! that is so awesome. tim totally looks like he was having fun with you guys. :)

Anonymous said...

THAT WAS SOOOOOO AWESOME!!! HE WAS SIMPLY FABULOUS! WE REALLY MISSED YOU BROOK!!! (AND SO DID TIM)

stephanie said...

ah! i'm green with envy!

Mrs. Dub said...

where's andre?

a better question is how many b-list celebrities have the smith girls (and me on occasion) met? from pauly at the beach to jerry springer parking valet (and eating behind me last year), there's a plethora of stories to be shared. we should start a whole 'nother blog for it.

though i must say tim is practically a b+-list celeb these days.

so jealous!

steph said...

i cannot tell you just how JEALOUS i am... first of all, i haven't even seen a single episode of the new season (though i hope to catch up when back in the u.s.)

secondly, i LOVE, LOVE, LOVE tim gunn!

project runway is the best, best, best!

LauraK said...

Hi Hilari! It was totally fun, fresh and festive meeting you and your darling sisters at the Tim Gunn event.

Thanks for visiting BPR too!

ginny said...

Am also SO jealous. Like Steph, I haven't been able to watch a single PR episode this season (but I don't have being in Spain as an excuse). Thank goodness Bravo does PR marathons every other weekend--there will be ample opportunity to catch up. Until then, these pics will be a great TMO.

sara said...

So did he have anything to say about your attire? That would be my first worry -- I'd probably run away, worried that I wasn't put together right :)

Looks like he was super nice though!