Thursday, October 18, 2007

Melanoma, Whatanoma


Here is my story:
Somehow I ended up with melanoma. This bites for many reasons. One, it's cancer. Hello, cancer. Two, I really think the sun meant no harm, although it may be killing me. Lastly, it is cancer and is really putting a damper on things. This is all crazy because it started off as a little innocent mole on my back and recently turned into the "black tumor" - that is a medical term actually, I think. So anyways, they think they got it all but I am scheduled to have a surgery to remove more skin on my back and the lymph node that it would go to, if it did. We are really hoping that it didn't and most signs point to just that. I would appreciate all the good karma that can be sent my way. I will be having surgery next Friday and if anyone is in the market for an extra piece of back skin and a lymph node, let me know.....maybe it could help pay for the surgery.
P.S. Pictures of Slade's birthday party coming soon!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

you had to bring karma into this didn't you, it's not even her fault, she hasn't even been born yet.

I love you, you are the best sister evz and worry not because you will be just fine.

Melanoma, more like smellyanoma later.

devan camille smith gardner

steph said...

good vibes are being sent from spain. i promise!

Mrs. Dub said...

dear black tumor,

i hate you! back off my friend - literally. you are worse than her young republican ex-boyfriend, bryan. and you know how we got him back.

don't you know that hilari's only priority is fun?

hate you!
mrs. dub

Leslie said...

you definitely sound like you have the right attitude, hilari. my thoughts are with you and i hate moles. i officially have "a lot" according to my dermo and thus am doomed to regular get naked visits. happiness thoughts and prayers are coming your way from tx. :)

Anonymous said...

I love you!! I hate the "black tumor"!!

Anonymous said...

I vow that in a show of solidarity I shall shave my head if you need to shave yours ( even if ya dont need to we could rock a serious 'hawk!) and I will promise to spread rumors about melonoma behind its back telling everyone that its "loose" and has a social disease I wont sit by it at lunch and I won't laugh at its jokes.Take that melanoma Brookey No Likey!

Anonymous said...

i started wearing my black ribbon today. TAKE THAT MELANOMA!!! you can't beat my black supportive ribbon!

Judd's said...

From the inspiring lyrics of Devo's hit
"When a problem comes a long, you must whip it...I said whip it, whip it good!"
Much love and support coming your way, little Black Tumor won't know what him.

Mary said...

We have been sending you karma (via Heaven) every single night since we got the news.

Every single one.

We've got your "back", don't you worry. And Mr. Sandie is tough when he needs to be. He will write a letter to the BT if needs be and it will include more legal mumbo jumbo that any stupid BT can take.

Love
The Sandies

Gates & Tausha said...

Best of the best blessings to you! Glad to see it doesn't keep you from having fun! :) You and BT will part your ways soon enough! PS love the glammafabulous blog!!

Kelley Bochman Smith said...

As you well know, your mother has had many a "premonition" as to whether a person is going to make it or not, and I know you will. I am so sorry that you are going thru all this, if I could put that stupid mole on my back and do this for you, I would. But I can, babysit, clean, and buy you good treats, etc. And of course, give you more time than the usual in my daily prayers. We all love you!!!!! Mom

Lindsey from The R House said...

okay, now i am all freaked. i will make an appt with a dermo here soon.

i agree with leslie. you have a GREAT attitude.